In this episode we discuss our resolutions for the coming year and somethings we have learned during the past year of business. We discuss 3 main goals we have for our business/lives. But before we dig into all that we discuss why people make resolutions and why many fail to keep them.
- Organized – Create a plan to better organize plan work and time. Without a plan of action to achieve your goals you are dooming them before you even start. Start small, make them realistic and make sure the results are measurable.
- Education – Stay up to date on new tools, software, new media. Staying relvant in the IT world is very important consideruring how quickly things change and evovle. You don’t want to get so caught up in your work that you look up one day and the industry has changed and you are opsolete.
- Innovate – Evolve design direction and look for new inspiration. Design ruts are the worst but many times it you don’t realize you are in one until you burn out. It’s important to seek out new inspiration and try new things that are a challenge so that your work will not stagnate.
- Photoshop Training Channel – Good resource for videos on different Photoshop tricks and techniques
- Staying Relevant in Design – This post has several good suggestions on how to keep up with inspiration and design trends.
- Asana – A good task tracking app/ website
- Abduzeedo – Daily design inspiration